Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Working It Wednesday: New Themes for Story Stones

This week I'm working on some new themes for story stones. When I first began making them and selling them on Etsy there were very few others doing the same. Now, there are pages and pages of story stones for sale on Etsy. That's okay though. Different styles speak to different people so I welcome the company. That said, I always try to keep things fresh and new in my shop. I never get rid of my top sellers like the Nativity Sets or the Pirate Sets but I feel like it's a good thing to offer something that others aren't yet offering. Setting yourself apart is a huge help on Etsy when it comes to getting noticed amongst the masses.

This week, I've been working on a few new themes but my favorite of those is Weddings. When you're a little girl, you daydream about your wedding and if you're lucky, you get a chance to be a flower girl. I was a flower girl in my Aunt's wedding and felt like such a princess. Years later, at my own wedding, I had not one but rather 3 flower girls.
The youngest of my 3 flower girls, only 2 years old.

I was given a jewelry box as my flower girl gift and did the same for my own flower girls. But what if there was something more fun that a bride could give her little flower girl? What if there was something that she could play with? Enter my new set of story stones! This new set would be the perfect flower girl gift for all the upcoming June Brides and with advance notice they can be customized to match the look of the Bride's wedding and the Bridal party.

Wedding Story Stones in the making.


I haven't finished painting them so they aren't in my Etsy shop just yet, but soon they will be and you can check out the finished product or buy them here: www.wishesandwonderment.etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment