Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Working It Wednesday: Vendor Events

This week instead of actually making some sort of art, I'm spending some time researching local festivals and events for 2016. I've done a few events in the past and have been successful at all of them but now that I'm living in a new area, I have to research new events to see which ones might be right for me.

Personally, I love an indoor event. It's cleaner, temperature controlled, no worry about rain, etc. So far, I've only found one upcoming indoor event and I immediately sent in my application. It's an annual event held by the Junior class at Hutchison School called Beeline Bazaar. It's being held on Saturday, March 19th from 10-4 and is free to the public. At this particular event, I will only be selling my story stones. All of my regular sets of themes will be available as well as single stones for creating your own mix and match variety set. You can read more about this annual event here:
www.hutchisonschool.org/beeline_bazaar

Outdoor events can be fun too so long as the weather isn't terrible. Some events offer rain dates while others have a rain or shine (read: no refunds) policy. Last year I lost money on an even that was "rain or shine" because it was raining cats and dogs complete with thunder and lightening so I opted not to attend even though I'd paid all my booth fees already. I have zero desire to stand in the rain and mud trying to keep my art dry while hoping someone will be crazy enough to come out and shop in the rain. No thank you. So, that said, I hold favor for events that offer rain dates. Through Facebook I found a local neighborhood event called the V and E Artwalk. It is outdoors but they have a rain date just in case so I feel like I have a safety net if needed. The event is being held Saturday, April 23rd from 11-6 and is free to the public. For this event I haven't fully decided what products I want to sell. I know I will have canvas paintings for sure and most likely I will also sell mix and match individual story stones. You can read more about this annual event here:
www.vandegreenline.org

My goal would be to find an average of 1 event per month that I could participate in. As I apply and get approval to participate, I'll be sure and post them to my Facebook page so anyone who is interested can stay in the loop. If you haven't yet "liked" my Wishes and Wonderment Facebook page, you can check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/wishesandwonderment




No comments:

Post a Comment