Monday, January 11, 2016

Old Becomes New Again

My most recent craft project evolved out of an old project I'd done years ago. In 2011 we moved to California and being that it was the farthest away we had ever been I wanted some sort of art to show all the moves we'd made and to show how far away we'd gone. I took small wooden planks and painted them all different colors and then painted the names and distance in miles of all the cities we had lived in. These hung on my art room wall for several years and I did enjoy having them. When we moved back East again a few years later, I'd planned to fix the new distance in miles on them and continue them but never got around to it. I've just had them piled up next to a stack of blank canvases and artwork that I didn't like enough to do anything with. Until this past weekend that is! I saw them sitting there and decided it was time to do some repurposing. Time to make the old become new again!

I started by painting over my original work to create a blank slate and then gave them new life with colors, quotes and bits of scriptures. These turned out so much better than what they'd been before and were a lot of fun to make so I'm sure I'll be making a few more in the future. I haven't finished attaching the sawtooth hangers to the backs so they aren't in the Etsy shop just yet but they will be soon! For now, here's a sneak peek!






No comments:

Post a Comment