Friday, January 15, 2016

One of my favorite things...

One of my absolute favorite things is painting on canvas. I still remember the very first time I ever got to do it. I have no idea what it is but there is something about the feeling of the brush gliding the paint over the canvas that just relaxes me. If canvases were cheaper, or free even, I could see myself painting one every day. No thinking, no planning. Just painting. It completely clears my mind and always leaves me happy. 
A few weeks ago, someone was moving out of my apartment building and they left several boxes of "free" stuff next to the trash chute. I actually racked up on free stuff, including 2 lamps, but I also scored a blank canvas. A blank canvas! Who throws those away? Not me, but I am thankful that they did! 
So today I sat down and started painting. In my favorite sort of way. No thinking, no planning, just painting. 

This is where I'm at so far and while I have no idea what the final piece will look like, I am enjoying the journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment