Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Working It Wednesday: Dabbling

So this past week I've been mostly just dabbling as far as projects go. I've done a few different things that were just little projects working with supplies I already had on hand. In the past, this has sometimes led to learning how to make pretty cool stuff.


First, I made something for my sister for her birthday. Granted I forgot to take it to her when we had lunch but I made it for her just the same. (Emily if you're reading this, I hope you like it-I'll get it to you soon!) I took one of the medium-large stones I had on hand and made a little monogrammed rock. Thought it would make a nice paper weight. I liked how hers turned out but tried to replicate one for my sister in law and hated how I did hers. I think I need more practice. At any rate, this is what my sister's finished rock looked like.


I also took a few of the very small, flat and smooth stones I had and used E6000 adhesive to affix a sterling silver bail to create a pendant for a necklace. I painted little designs on the stones and then used a satin gloss varnish to seal them and add a little shine. These were fun to make and I could see myself making more of these at some point in the future and possibly eventually listing them in my Wishes and Wonderment Etsy shop. Here is a picture of the pendants when I was halfway finished painting them. 


The other thing I did was a little play on what I did last week with the garden markers. I made herb garden markers out of polymer clay! I shaped the clay, oven cured them and then painted them similarly to the polymer gift tags I made awhile back. And of course to make sure these would be durable, I did multiple coats of polycrylic to seal them. 

These were fun to make and I did list them in my Etsy shop and you can buy them here: www.wishesandwonderment.etsy.com



No comments:

Post a Comment