Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Working It Wednesday: Cooper Young Festival

What have I been working on this week? Prepping for the Cooper Young Festival of course! I am so incredibly excited to announce that I have been accepted to participate in the 2016 Cooper Young Festival in September!

For those of you unfamiliar with the event, it's a massive annual arts festival held in Memphis every year. And by massive I mean MASSIVE! Like 130,000 people attending the event, massive. There will be music, food, art and so much more. You can learn more about the event here: www.cooperyoungfestival.com

Now I realize that September is still a good ways off but if I plan on doing an event with traffic of 130,000 then I have to build up my inventory asap! The booth fee for Cooper Young is $225 which is more than double what I would usually pay for an event but this one is so consistently successful that I feel comfortable that I'll be able to make my booth fee back and still have a nice profit. But I'll need lots of inventory. Over the next several weeks it's likely anything I work on will be for my inventory stash. So this week I've been painting my mini-canvases (8x10) . I usually sell these between $10-$12 each at my events and do pretty well with them. Usually at events I'll have just one of each painting. For this event, I'm doing it a little different and having several variations of the same painting so that I can replenish as I sell. I'm starting by duplicating my best sellers,like my colorful trees for example, but I'll be adding new works too. Here is what I've done (so far!) this week:



Some of these can be found in my etsy shop here: 
But others I'll only have available at Cooper Young.

My booth assignment is A75, which will be just past the intersection of Cooper and Nelson. If you're local, I would love for you to stop by and say hi! For now, back to work on my paintings...

No comments:

Post a Comment