Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Working It Wednesday: Booth Planning


It's still early but I've started planning out my booth for Cooper Young. If you've never done shows then you'd probably think all you have to do is design your booth one time and then just use the same game plan each show you do. That would be nice but it isn't realistic. See, every show is different and every show has different booth factors. The sizes vary, sometimes you get a corner booth, sometimes you're squished between two other booths, and so on. For Cooper Young I will be between two other booths and the booth size is 10x15 instead of the standard 10x10. 

In the past, I've had lots of brilliant ideas for booth layout only to discover at set up time that the brilliance of my idea didn't quite fit within the confines of my allotted booth space. That's never a fun moment. So, to plan more appropriately this time, I've devised a new plan. I created a grid of 1x1 blocks and measured it out to 10x15. Then I cut out tables, chairs, shelves, etc.that I often use inside my booth. Now, I can play around with my brilliant ideas and make certain they'll actually fit in my space instead of waiting until event day and hoping they do. I still haven't nailed down my dream layout but at least now I can play around a little more easily until I do. There's a picture below but it's hard to see since I used white paper for both the grid and the prop cutouts. And I also Threw in a picture of one of my usual front view sketch of my booth ideas. Once I get my ideas finalized I'll be sure to post a picture of the layout and the sketch. 






No comments:

Post a Comment