Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Working It Wednesday: Watercolors

First, let me say that last Saturday's V and E Artwalk was a success! Sold lots and lots of rocks as well as paintings! Definitely learned a lesson about doing back to back shows though. You shouldn't do it unless you have really built up your inventory. I sold through nearly all my canvas art at the East Buntyn Walk and even though I spent hours on end painting replacements, I still don't feel I had enough stock on hand to really make a good showing at V and E. I did good but could have done even better if I'd had more paintings and rocks on hand. If ever I do this again, I'll prepare far in advance!

Now, on to what I've been working on this week...
After taking a day to rest and recoup, I decided to try my hand at watercolors. I own plenty of them but aside from childlike play with nieces and nephews, I've never done much with them. So today I dabbled in it and for a first effort, I'm pleased. I will probably need to watch some tutorials and such if I ever expect to do anything worthwhile with it though. It was fun to try my hand at something new for a change and who knows, perhaps I'll discover a new talent within myself. 
My first attempt at a Memphis skyline silhouette.

Single sunflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment