Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Working It Wednesday: Last Weekend

So this week I'm busy doing more of the exact same thing I was doing last week-bulking up my inventory. Why? Well, last weekend's East Buntyn Artwalk was such a huge success (best show I've ever had) that I am way, way low on inventory and that's not good because this coming weekend is the V and E Artwalk.

My big seller this past weekend surprisingly was canvas paintings. I sold so many paintings that I've really got my work cut out for me this week in order to have enough to fill my booth again. This is the first time I've ever sold paintings so well before. Usually, it's always my rocks that sell best. They sold well too, but the paintings sold the best. It's the most awesome feeling to think that my artwork is actually hanging on someone's wall. And that they felt it was good enough to pay money for it. It's the best feeling, really. Some paintings were bittersweet to sell because I've become so personally attached to them but it was so exciting to see customers falling in love with them too.



My sister and niece were nice enough to come work the booth with me all day and I was so grateful. And the rest of my family stopped by the event as well to support me. I was happy to see them and it was fun getting to show them what I do.

My show this weekend will be my last for a little while. I don't have anything booked in May but I'm looking into a show held in early June. I'll keep you posted if I decide to sign up for that one. Hopefully this weekend's show will be as big a success as last weekend! 

As always, if you're local to Memphis, come visit me at the V and E Artwalk on Saturday from 11-6! 
You can read more about the V and E Artwalk here: http://www.vegreenline.org/ve-artwalk/

No comments:

Post a Comment