Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Working It Wednesday: After the show

The Bartlett United Methodist Craft Fair was a smashing success! It was a 2-day event and by lunchtime on the first day I'd already made back my booth fees and started turning a profit. Usually 2-day events are mostly looky-Lou's and vendor to vendor shopping on opening day but this event had excellent turnout both days.

My booth was a great corner spot in the gym which meant I had space for people to shop and had walls to lean my canvas artwork against. This was a huge advantage as some of the vendor booths were squeezed along hallways and some people even ended up outside. I'm not sure how I got so lucky as to the space I got but I am thankful. The show was huge and had the most vendors it's ever had.




My Nativity story stones almost sold out and would have had I not gone home and painted more on Friday night. The set I donated to the church's silent auction ended up selling for double what they sold for in my booth. And many customers mentioned that they came to my booth just because they saw my Nativity set in the silent auction so it definetly paid off to donate the set. Many shows ask for item donations and I typically always give something. It's good advertisement. Other sets sold as well and I had several customers place special orders for story stones of themes I didn't have currently available. I was able to get those painted, glazed and delivered today.  I sold a few of the wooden trays I'd stained so I'm glad that I listened to customer requests from the previous show because it made a nice add on sale. I sold out of holiday gift tags and almost out of the more generic gift tags too. Three of my canvas paintings sold and I had several people ask if I ever offered paint and wine classes. This was mentioned to me at another show but I hadn't thought much about it. Perhaps I should think about it. It could be fun.

My next show is coming up next weekend! I'll be at St. Louis Catholic Church on Saturday 11/19 from 9am-4pm so if you're local, stop by and say hi! It's an annual event that apparently brings in vendors from all over so it should be a great opportunity to do some Christmas shopping! In the meantime, you'll be able to find me painting more Nativity sets and making more polymer gift tags!


No comments:

Post a Comment